|Born: December 30, 1965|
Occupation: Film Actor/Producer/Singer
Debut Film: Jee Aayan Nu (2002)
Web Links: IMDB - Wikipedia - Facebook - Website - Twitter
Music and Film Career:
Apart from his successful career as a singer, Mann is an extremely popular Punjabi film actor today. He along with Manmohan Singh (director) have revived Punjabi Cinema after its debacle in the 80's and 90's. He made his film debut with the All Time Blockbuster Jee Aayan Nu (2002), which was the costliest Punjabi film at that time. The director-actor combo went on to deliver four of the biggest hits of All Time in the next six years which cemented the star status of Harbhajan Mann. The four other films were Asa Nu Mann Watna Da (2004), Dil Apna Punjabi (2006), Mitti Wajaan Maardi (2007) & Mera Pind - My Home (2008). After their last film in 2008, both of them have parted ways professionally, though they remain extremely close personally. In 2009, Harbhajan Mann ventured into film production and established his production house "H&H Productions". In the same year, he produced and starred in Box Office hit film Jag Jeondeyan De Mele (2009) and average grosser, Heer Ranjha (2009). In 2011, Harbhajan Mann's Yaara O Dildaara (2011) opened to a good response at the box office but could not build up momentum hence becoming an average grosser.
- Started singing at local shows for Asian community in Canada.
- He had to wait for a while before eventually be known as a Punjabi pop star in 1999 after his historic hit Oye Hoye (1999).
- Teamed up with director Manmohan Singh to deliver 5 biggest hits of Punjabi Cinema along with reviving the Industry. They are often referred as Shahrukh Khan-Yash Chopra combo of Punjabi Cinema.
- Sang most of his songs in his earlier movies, prefers giving chance to other singers now.
- He got many offers from Bollywood, accepted none. Instead, he introduced Bollywood actress Tulip Joshi, Pakistan singer Rahat Fateh Ali Khan & Hollywood/Bollywood actor Kabir Bedi in Punjabi Cinema.
- Gaddar - The Traitor (2014)
- Haani (2013)
- Dil Tainu Karda Ae Pyaar (2012)
- Yaara O Dildaara (2011)
- Heer Ranjha (2009)
- Jag Jeondeyan De Mele (2009)
- Mera Pind - My Home (2008)
- Mitti Wajaan Maardi (2007)
- Dil Apna Punjabi (2006)
- Asa Nu Mann Watna Da (2004)
- Jee Aayan Nu (2002)