Cine Punjab News Network
April 16, 2014
Off-late there have been many film festivals and award functions that are bestowed upon Punjabi film and music industry. But here is one film festival with a difference, Ma Boli International Punjabi Film Festival (MIPFF), Vancouver doesn't boost of big stars but instead is high on quality content (Short films, documentaries and features).
Into its second year now, MIPFF is an annual event that takes place in Surrey, Canada. It is supported by Sukhi Bath, an entrepreneur and philanthropist and organized under his Punjabi Film Club, Surrey.
Talking to CinePunjab.com on a radio interview, Event Organizer Navalpreet Rangi shares about his humble beginnings in Punjab and getting a chance to work with UNESCO as a documentary filmmaker. Presently, he manages a Film and TV Studio owned by Sukhi Bath, Studio 7 in Surrey, Canada. Festival Director Kulwinder Sheirgill also spoke about the films in the radio interview.
In-dept Interview with Festival Organizers Navalpreet Rangi and Kulvinder Sheirgill
Here are Top 5 reasons to check out MIPFF 2014, Vancouver
- Focus More on Art Films - Unlike other film festivals where feature films with commercial angle are screened, MIPFF will focus more on Art films that are rich in content. There are all kinds of films - Short, Documentaries and Feature.
- Brand Ambassador - Gavie Chahal and other Film/Art Industry professionals - Vancouver is known as the Hollywood North due to its high production values and easy availability of Cast/Crew. It is a must-show at event for people who want to grow and prosper in Vancouver Film Industry or Punjabi Cinema.
- Panel Discussions - Like most film festivals, MIPFF 2014 will conduct Panel Discussions of What went behind making of a particular film, different topics that affect Punjabi Cinema and more.
- Punjabi Cultural Exhibition/Poster Display - There will be an exhibition on all three days that will have old Punjabi house-hold items on display. Old Punjabi film posters will also be on display.
- Free of Cost - MIPFF is one of the few film festivals that are free to all. They don't charge anything for screenings, exhibition or the award show that takes place on the closing ceremony.
Program Details -
Venue: Studio 7- 15437 Fraser Highway in Surrey, BC.
April 18: 4pm-9pm at Studio 7 (15437 Fraser Highway, Surrey)
April 19: 11am-5pm – Poster Exhibition at Vaisakhi Sikh Parade (stage near Dashmesh Darbar)
April 20: 3:30 to 9:30 PM at #Studio 7 (15437 Fraser Highway, Surrey)
So if you are in Vancouver, BC or around, don't miss this memorable event.
Official website of the film festival - http://www.mipff.ca/